Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

One week! Are You Ready!?! Learn about the teacher.



Assalamu alikum,

We are one week away from the first day of school. ***Quick note: Please make sure to check your e-mails regularly for e-mails from admin and teachers with important back to school information. If you haven't yet, please make sure to subscribe to the blog.  (If you are viewing this on a phone, scroll down to the bottom to view web version. In the web view, the Follow by Email is on the right.) You will get an email whenever the blog is updated.***

With a new year coming, I want to introduce myself for the new Tawheed families. My name is Patti Picard. I am originally from the state of Maine from a small town called Unity. After high school, I attended the University of Maine at Farmington where I majored and received my Bachelors in Secondary Education - Area Science in 2005. After accepting Islam in 2006, I decided to move to an established community where I would be able to freely practice my faith and have access to masjids, markets, and be able to raise my children among their community.
Image result for unity, maine

In 2006, I moved to Dearborn, Michigan to continue my teaching career. I've been teaching for 13 years at Islamic schools in this community. I have taught elementary for 7 of those years and middle school and high school for 8 of those years. Two years ago, I decided to further my education and pursue my graduate degree so this July I graduated with my Master's in Curriculum in Instruction. 

Teaching is a passion but I enjoy my time outside the classroom discovering new places and seeing new sights. At home, I loved spending time in my gardens. I enjoy growing organic vegetables and planting new foods for my family to try. In my flower gardens, I focus on planting host and nectar plants for native butterfly species. My goal is a be a registered Monarch Waystation. 

Now that the summer harvests are in full swing another at home activity I enjoy is canning fresh produce to enjoy through the summer. I visit local farm markets for local fresh produce. This summer I have canned family favorites; pickles, salsa, and tomatoes. I still have a lot planned. 

When I'm not at home, our family enjoys traveling to see places in the United States with beautiful scenery and unique nature.  A few times a year, I lead nature walks at local parks to share the wonderful we have with members of our Tawheed Community. 






I hope to share many more enjoyable experiences with my students this year. I look forward to seeing everyone on the first day of school. If you have any questions before then, feel free to send me an e-mail at tawpatti@gmail.com.

Jazak Allah Khayr, 
Sister Patti Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment